NEEDED: SQL Parser callable from python?

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Sat Aug 24 12:02:14 EDT 2002

* MikeK <mkent at atlantic.net> [2002-08-24 08:46 -0700]:
> I'm working on a python interface to a home-grown legacy flat-file database.
> I've gotten to the point where I'm considering adding an SQL layer to the API.
> Can anyone give me a pointer to an open source SQL parser callable from python?
> I will need to use it to translate standard SQL into python code callbacks
> to the functions/methods specific to the legacy DB API.

I doubt that would help you much, as you'll have to write the query
processor too, which will probably quite hard. The only SQL parsers for
Python I know of are in Gadfly and Gordon McMillan's Metakit SQL layer.

You'd probably be better off by just putting your data into an RDBMS. If
it needs to be embedded, then PySQLite could be one option.
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930