Problem running two Python interpreters on Darwin

Greg Ewing see_reply_address at something.invalid
Wed Aug 28 22:11:31 EDT 2002

John Baxter wrote:

> Which of the many "flavors" of Python did you build?  I suspect you
> don't have the problem with a "pure Unix" build (such as Apple
> included...Python 2.2...with Mac OS X 10.2) but only with one of the
> forms that includes the framework stuff.

I downloaded the generic Unix source and built that.
I didn't do anything to explicitly turn on any Mac
interface stuff, although who knows what the configure
script might have decided to do on its own.

I did enable support for a native version of Tcl/Tk,
but only as a dynamically loaded module, so I can't
see that making any difference if I don't import
it.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,