Visual editor/shell for teaching OO concepts?

Levente Sandor sandorlevi at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 24 00:02:04 EDT 2002

There are at least two:

 1. mDes (a Java-based, commercial application with downloadable demo):
http://www.mfcomputers.com/
"This tool has is written in Java1.2 to run on any platform with a JRE
1.2/1.3/1.4. The tool provides support for drawing UML diagrams. It has a
simple and intuitive user interface written in entirely using Java Swing."

 2. PyUt (Python-based, GPL, work in progress):
http://pyut.sourceforge.net/
"PyUt is a little UML1.3 class diagram editor with support for output
plug-ins. Export to XML, JPEG, BMP, PS. PyUt stands for Python UML
Toolkit."

----
levi