Devoloping socket applications with IDLE

the bean machine nobody at nowhere.com
Tue Aug 20 23:57:10 EDT 2002

Hello,
	Anyone have any suggestions on how to develop socket apps when using the
IDLE? I find an annoying problem when I am working on socket apps that I
can't break out of them. Well it is more complicated, I have multipled
threads running, and I can't figure out how to trap a signal (ctrl-c)
and exit both threads. I also get a problem that if I try to communicate
between two sockets and something goes wrong in the flow, the socket
will hang blocking waiting for input. It is kind of annoying problem and
I have to hangup the IDLE environment and restart it complete (kill id).

Are there better ways to make socket programs that are responsive and
you can break from the keyboard?