Database experiences in Python: Good or Bad?

Rhymes raims at dot.com
Wed Aug 7 04:11:42 EDT 2002

On 6 Aug 2002 15:11:13 -0700, woodsplitter at rocketmail.com (David
Rushby) wrote:

>  I'm actively maintaining and enhancing a Python+(Firebird/Interbase)
>package named kinterbasdb:
>http://kinterbasdb.sourceforge.net

Wow. It seems great!

>  At this point, it's closely DB API-complient and reliable; I use it
>in production, and have communicated with numerous others who do the
>same.  There are at least two Zope adapters built upon it (see
>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/kinterbasdb/Kinterbasdb-3.0/docs/links.html

KinterbaseDA is stable enough on W2K? (The maintainer say not...) and
ZFirebirdDA doesn't release any file...

>  Here's a good overview of Firebird:
>http://www.ibphoenix.com/ibp_act_db.html
>
>  Firebird is undoubtedly better than MySQL, except perhaps with
>regard to speed.

I think Firebird (I used Interbase for a while) is better than MySQL
because the latter doesn't support all the features of a real
RDMBS...do you agree with me?

--
Rhymes (rhymes at NOSPAMmyself.com)
http://www26.brinkster.com/rhymes