Question: How to execute an EXE with Python?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Aug 27 23:36:06 EDT 2002

"Fausto Arinos de A. Barbuto" wrote:

> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>
> > Thus this should have worked:
> >
> >  os.system(r'c:\fausto\execs\teste.exe')
>
>     This indeed does work. Thanks.
>
>     I wish I knew more Python. The road ahead is long
>     and winding, though.  :-(

I wish I knew more Python too, but this particular problem
is unfortunately more of a Windows issue than anything else.

The Windows road is long, winding, has potholes, the odd
fallen tree, is washed out in spots, and has some very
strange hitch-hikers waving strange signs marked "Redmond
or bust" on it.

You might try the Linux road sometime, as even though it
is under construction in places, much of what's been built
has smooth, solid pavement, and while there are still some
strange hitch-hikers, generally they don't have as much
dirt under their thumbnails.

-metaphorically-or-surrealistically yr's,
Peter