Question: How to execute an EXE with Python?

xWestler NoThanks at ^*^#*&%.com
Wed Aug 28 13:58:25 EDT 2002

I'm new to Python and I wanted to try this so I created a SpawnDos.py
script on my desktop containing only this:

	import os
	os.execl(r"c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe", "/k", r"dir")

Double clicking on the script acts as described but running it under
PythonWin causes PythonWin to crash.  Bad pointer.  There was an access
to address 0x00000004.

This is on XP Pro with the ActiveState distribution.

Who, if anyone, would care about this?

In article <3D6BB110.34C7D54D at erols.com>, whrauser at erols.com says...