(OT) Curtesy CC's (Whitelist/verification spam filters

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Aug 28 01:19:35 EDT 2002

"David Mertz, Ph.D." wrote:

> But unlike Skip, I don't particularly want to be CC'd on a message
> also
> sent to the newsgroup.  I read and follow the newsgroups I post
> to--especially the threads I contribute to.

Indeed.  I'd prefer not to get email copies on replies to my messages on
Usenet, but at least it isn't annoying when it's clearly indicated that
it's both posted and mailed.  That way, I don't waste time replying only
by email, thinking that it wasn't posted publicly as well.

/  \ There is nothing so subject to the inconstancy of fortune as war.
\__/ Miguel de Cervantes
    Church / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/church/
 A lambda calculus explorer in Python.