Automatically log into linux with python

Axel Vandevenne axel at vandevenne.net
Fri Aug 30 09:55:44 EDT 2002

Hi
I'm sure this is possible, but I'm new to python so I have no idea how to
accomplish this...
My box has no secret information and I'm the only one that can use this box,
so I don't want to log in everytime I boot my computer (Gentoo Linux) - of
course root stays password protected.
I don't like KDM either, wich can do this, so I want to write my own (text
based) inlog system, wich will basically log me in and then do a startx
with the options I give in a config file...
I will start this script as a deamon (together with samba, cups,...).
So how can I make this deamon log me in as my normal user? Just like kdm
would do?

thx a lot,
Axel Vandevenne