Tkinter not implemented in Python 2.2.1 for Mac OS X?

Kow Kuroda kkuroda at crl.ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 23 00:52:06 EDT 2002

Hi,

I installed Python 2.2.1 on Mac OS  X from source code but I found Tkinter
not working.
When I issue "from Tkinter import *", I got an error roughly saying:

	_tkinter not found. this suggests Tkinter not implemented

In the same system, however, I have another copy of Python 2.2, which was
installed as a "fink" package, running Tkinter without problem. What's the
trick or hack to get 2.2.1 to work with Tkinter? Any pointer will be
greatly appreciated.

Kow