Booleans, integer division, backwards compatibility; where is Python going?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Apr 7 15:08:48 EDT 2002

[Guido]
> (note that python-dev no longer has a closed-subscription policy).

[Alex Martelli]
> How so?  One visits:

> enters email and passwords, hits subscribe, and gets this message:

It's not closed in the sense that the list admins have been instructed to
approve all subscription requests unless they have a good reason not to.
The list admins are human, though, and sometimes they don't get to pending
subscription requests for a few days.

BTW, I'm not a list admin for Python-Dev, so can't approve your request (or
I would have, instead of bothering to type all this).

> If this is meant to be an open-subscription mailing list, I would
> suggest this arrangement be changed.

It's not meant to be open or closed, but somewhere in between, favoring the
open end.  A Python bool isn't adequate to model it <wink>.