Booleans, integer division, backwards compatibility; where is Python going?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Apr 10 16:03:38 EDT 2002

In article <C%Xs8.3139$b62.77265 at news1.tin.it>,
Alex Martelli  <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:

>With the previous iterator protocol, "for item in somedict:" COULD
>NOT "work smoothly and seamlessly".  Nor, at all.  Think about it.

Oh, come on, Alex; with your twisted imagination, I'm sure you can think
of ways in which a dictionary could be forced to work with the old
iterator protocol -- it would just be very, very messy.

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker