Python v. Euphoria

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Apr 25 01:44:01 EDT 2002

In article <394fcus92g8rt0e2ektsd36s9qu7cq2cij at 4ax.com>,
Stom Fairecroire  <stom at hotpop.com> wrote:

>Many, many years ago I did a lot of programming in HPL (Hewlet Packard
>Language) then did lots using PICK basic. Now I want to start some
>very low key programming again - just for my own amusement. Anyone
>have any views on the pros and cons  of Python v. Euphoria ? Which
>would be the better option?

Based on a quick look at the Euphoria web site, Python would be a much
better option.  Euphoria is a proprietary product that is only available
on a few platforms; it looks like Euphoria programs tend to not be
cross-platform even for the available platforms.  Euphoria also looks a
bit uglier than Python, and it lacks some of Python's features, such as
threads.

What if there were no rhetorical questions?