[OT] What is Open Source? (was Re: ANN: Twisted 0.16.0...)

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Apr 26 00:28:23 EDT 2002

Julian Tibble wrote:

> erm... If there is no copyright then there is no *need* for copyleft.

But if RMS would be happy with a world in which there
was simply no copyright, he wouldn't bother with the
GPL -- he could get the same effect just by putting
all the stuff he writes in the public domain.

The fact that he hasn't done that means he
*does* want *some* kind of intellectual property
laws.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg