Comment on draft PEP for deprecating six builtins

Lumberjack lumber at jack.com
Tue Apr 30 00:59:48 EDT 2002

sandskyfly at hotmail.com (Sandy Norton) wrote:
> I'm sure you know you can communicate 100% of your point with less
> than 1% of your sarcasm. I'd hate to see people like you dissuade
> future pep writers from articulating their ideas to the community.

Nothing will dissuade fools; certainly not sarcasm. But for the non-fools
who inadvertently do foolish things, a sharp prick, metaphorically
speaking, will train them to ponder more carefully any future ideas before
presenting them publicly and wasting people's time. (I'd change my nom de
guerre to Ivan Petrovich Pavlov, but I don't recall him being portrayed in
any Monty Python skit.)

Besides, I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay.