Comment on draft PEP for deprecating six builtins

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Apr 30 09:18:21 EDT 2002

"Lumberjack" <lumber at jack.com> wrote in message
news:Xns91FFDFB10888lumberjack at 216.148.53.85...
> sandskyfly at hotmail.com (Sandy Norton) wrote:
> > I'm sure you know you can communicate 100% of your point with less
> > than 1% of your sarcasm. I'd hate to see people like you dissuade
> > future pep writers from articulating their ideas to the community.
>
> Nothing will dissuade fools; certainly not sarcasm. But for the non-fools
> who inadvertently do foolish things, a sharp prick, metaphorically
> speaking, will train them to ponder more carefully any future ideas before
> presenting them publicly and wasting people's time. (I'd change my nom de
> guerre to Ivan Petrovich Pavlov, but I don't recall him being portrayed in
> any Monty Python skit.)

Nom-de-guerre? Says something about your approach to dialog.

> Besides, I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay.

Clearly a matter of opinion.

not-in-need-of-training-just-now-thankyou-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Steve Holden: http://www.holdenweb.com/ ; Python Web Programming:
http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/