wxPython / Your Experiences in large project ???

Jean-François Ménard jeanfrancoismenard at msn.com
Mon Apr 8 08:05:55 EDT 2002

Harald Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what are your experiences, using wxPython/wxWindows in large projects?
>
> Large means in my case a sales system, based on MySQL.
> I'm thinking about implementing it in wxPython, but I'm not sure about the
> stability of
> wxWindows and the wxPython wrapper ...
>
> The alternative way would be a project in Borland Delphi, which has proofed
> its
> stability over years ...
>
> So what do you think about it!
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Harald

I would suggest you have a look at Jython.  I just discovered it, and
I'm amazed.  You can code user interface (Swing !) in Python,
interactively!

You can import and use almost *any* java package, and most of the
standards python libraries.  For database connectivity, you have the
choice to use JDBC directly, or through the Python DB layer!

 From now on, I'll never look back at Java...