wxPython / Your Experiences in large project ???

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 8 08:31:48 EDT 2002

William Dodé:

> When i see boa constructor i'm a litle bit afraid... but it doesn't mean
> that it's a problem of wxPython.

   Boa Constructor is still in a pre-release state - version 0.1.0 Alpha
downloadable and 0.1.1 Alpha in CVS. Riaan is quite conservative in his
version numberings - I'd call the current code version 0.9. At this stage of
development, large features are still appearing such as an out-of-process
debugger so you shouldn't expect great stability.

> Also when i make some tests of wxPython
> with idle or pythonwin i have often big scratch (whitout python
> log). But have never theses scratch if i run my script from the
> command line.

   There are often problems caused by running a program that uses a GUI
toolkit within the process of an IDE using the same or another toolkit. The
solution here is to use an IDE that features out-of-process debugging such
as HAP, Wing IDE, or Komodo. PythonWin and IDLE currently only support
running programs inside the IDE process.

   Neil