The fastest XML parser around

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Apr 1 18:00:04 EST 2002

> Do you have information available on using pyRXP with PythonPoint?

Not yet.  The simplest thing would be to add a 3-line hack to validate
the document if pyRXP is present :-)

I plan to rewrite pythonpoint using our XML toolkit - indeed, use it
as the exercise in the manual - but we need to finalize two more components
first:  a 'lazy accessor' giving friendly syntax for navigating the tree,
and
something to convert attributes to numbers/lengths/colors en masse.
After that the Pythonpoint code could get a lot shorter.  Some broad
plans are in the back of the pyRXP documentation, referenced from
the web page my announcement pointed at.

- Andy