Python 2.2 unwise.exe

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Apr 15 04:07:58 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1018827089.1679.python-list at python.org>, Tim Peters
<tim.one at comcast.net> writes
>I have noticed that unwise.exe is at least much more likely to vanish if
>Win98 crashes between the time I do an install and get around to doing a
>normal reboot.  That suggests Wise is doing something special with it --
>although I've no idea what (or, really, even "if").
that would be consistent with my case as my home machine suffered a TV
video card induced hard crash (with file-system check) during the
relatively short period between installing 2.2 and attempting the
deinstall.

Googling on missing unwise32 I notice one report from 1995 about
unwise32 being virus infected. I doubt that's the case, but I run an
automatic virus checker and if unwise32 looks like a virus perhaps it's
being quarantined or something.
-Explicit nonsense is not better than implicit sense-ly yrs-
Robin Becker