Python 2.2 unwise.exe

Jimmy Retzlaff jimmy at retzlaff.com
Sun Apr 14 08:34:45 EDT 2002

Tim Peters agonized:
> Crud, I was hoping it was unique to Win9x.

It's gone on my development workstation (WinXP Pro) but still on my
server (Win2K Server). The most obvious difference in usage between the
two is that I'm often installing/uninstalling/reinstalling various
extensions (Win32all, Numeric, wxPython, PIL, mx, etc.) on my WinXP
machine. Any chance some package is also using Wise and treating
unwise.exe as its own? It appears Win32all 146 uses Wise but it has its
own unwisepw32.exe in site-packages. Has it always been so careful? That
suggests protection if this is the problem (e.g., timscoolunwise.exe).

Jimmy