python2.2

Billy Ng kwokng at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 29 15:26:24 EDT 2002

This is my source.list, would you please tell me how to change this file to
allow me to install the testing packages?

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable main
deb-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable main
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable main
deb-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable main
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main

Thanks!

Billy Ng

"Gerhard Häring" <gerhard at bigfoot.de> wrote in message
news:slrnacr3io.nil.gerhard at lilith.my-fqdn.de...
> Billy Ng wrote in comp.lang.python:
> > I am using debian linux.
>
> Which distribution? stable (potato), testing (woody) or sid?
>
> > I am trying to install the python2.2 that is an unstable package
> > onto the system, but it says "Couldn't find package python2.2"
>
> If you're using testing or sid,
>
>     apt-get update
>     apt-get install python2.2
>
> should install it.
>
> > Wouls anyone know how to install the unstable package via apt-get
>
> You don't need the unstable package. python2.2 is already in testing
> (woody).
>
> If this doesn't work for you, most probably you haven't set up your
> /etc/apt/sources for packages from testing or sid, yet.
>
> Gerhard
> --
> mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
> web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930
> public key fingerprint: 3FCC 8700 3012 0A9E B0C9  3667 814B 9CAA AD24 C930
> reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,map(lambda
x:chr(ord(x)^42),tuple('zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b')))