Thanks and kudos to Python core team (was Re: Booleans, integer division,backwards compatibility; where is Python going?)

Geoff Gerrietts geoff at gerrietts.net
Wed Apr 10 23:12:41 EDT 2002

Quoting Peter Hansen (peter at engcorp.com):
> I'd like to take this opportunity to at least thank the developers,
> bots included, and other contributors (in the most heartfelt way I
> can without sending large cash contributions) for all the blood,
> sweat and keypresses they've put into this phenomenal project.

I'll echo that.

I owe a lot more thanks than I've delivered, and probably a bunch more
in the way of apologies than I've offered. Tim and Guido have both
personally helped me out of tight spots when I've run into them,
despite my semi-annual conservative whining.

I think that the community has a very high quality, despite the
occassional disgruntled voice or fearful citizen, and that reflects on
how easy the development team makes it to trust their judgement.

It's easy to get caught up in arguing the technical merits of this
widget or that feature and lose sight of why we're all here: python is
an excellent language with an amazingly clear syntax and so much
expressive power you almost can't use it all.

It's a project that's worth contributing to, for sure.

--
Geoff Gerrietts             "Overspecialize and you breed in weakness.
<geoff at gerrietts net>     It's slow death." -- Maj. Motoko Kusanagi