configuring mxCGIPython

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Thu Apr 25 09:23:16 EDT 2002

[Paul Boddie]
> I found that it isn't always possible to deploy Python programs in a
> cgi-bin directory and to use the above notation to persuade the
> operating system to locate the Python executable. In the end, I used a
> wrapper shell script for each of my Python programs.

Here's the wrapper shell script I'm using.  I'd be very interested in any
feedback, suggestions you might have:

  #!/bin/bash

  echo content-type: text/plain
  echo

  echo Trying to capture the stderr of cgipython

  if [ -f cgipython ]
  then
    echo cgipython exists
    # Trying to send stderr to stdout.
    ./cgipython test.py 2>&1
  else
    echo cgipython does not exist
  fi

test.py, fwiw, is simply:

  import sys
  print sys.version

When I run this, I get:

  Trying to capture the stderr of cgipython
  cgipython exists
  ./cgipython: error in loading shared libraries: libxmlparse.so.1: cannot

I'm not sure yet what that means yet, but I think it means I may be able to
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, if: 1) that file resides on the server; and 2) I know
where it is.

Is there a way I can tell cgipython not to bother loading that particular
shared object?

Thanks,

// mark