Python-Aware Modeler/Engineer Seeks Position/Contacts

Peter Olsen pc_olsen at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 15:38:33 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am an experienced engineer/mathematician/modeler who has
built models and done computational mathematics in Python.

I offer:

* Advanced education in Engineering, Operations Research,
  Computer Science, and Applied Mathematics

  ** BS, United States Coast Guard Academy
  ** MS Aeronautical Systems, University of West Florida
  ** MS Operations Research, MS Aeronautical Engineering, both
     from the United States Naval Postgraduate School
  ** Professional Degree of Aeronautical Engineer (the
     terminal degree for practicing engineers not
     engaged in research), US Naval Postgraduate School
  ** Diploma (with highest distinction) United States Naval
     War College, College of Command and Staff.
  ** Additional graduate work in mathematics, statistics, and
     computer science at Johns Hopkins University,
     and the University of Maryland Baltimore County.

* Extensive experience in modeling, simulation, and analysis.
  (I built the quantitative work-progress model used to allocate
  resources for the EXXON VALDEZ oil-spill cleanup.)

* Wide-ranging technical achievement

  ** National Security Agency "Master Engineer"
  ** Principal Member of Technical Staff, Draper Laboratory
  ** Principal Scientist, Information Extraction and Transport

* Experienced leadership, particularly in technical teams

  ** Selected as National Security Agency "distinguished-leader-
     in-fact" for 1996
  ** Experience as a Coast Guard Commissioned Officer and Search-
     and Rescue Aircraft Commander (leading crews 250 miles offshore
     in bad weather).

* Licensure as a Professional Engineer (Maryland Licence 12283)

* Fluency in Java, C, FORTRAN, and Lisp. Acquaintance with Smalltalk,
  S-Plus, APL, and R --- and a STRONG preference for Python

*  Current TOP SECRET clearance

I'm looking for a position in which I can use my skills, experience,
and creativity to a bring substantial value to an organization that
encourages teamwork, values leadership, and rewards achievement.

If your organization doesn't need my skills, perhaps you know
of another that might.  I will appreciate any additions to my
professional network.

Complete resume emailed promptly upon request.

Peter Olsen, P.E., Ae.E.
pc_olsen at yahoo.com