PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Paul Rubin phr-n2002a at nightsong.com
Sun Apr 7 12:18:38 EDT 2002

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
> I think it might be possible to make changes in the way Guido-introduced
> PEPs get presented to reduce the amount of shouting from people like
> Laura.  I hold no hopes that anything would get better results from
> people like Arthur and Paul Rubin.

I'm mildly opposed to the bool PEP but it's not that big a deal for
me.  I'm more unhappy with the process that results in adding
something like that to a minor version (2.3).  If it was saved for
3.0, I think that would make more sense, for reasons I've explained.
There are other features that I would LIKE to see added, like
assignments in expressions; but those, too, shouldn't first appear
in a minor release.