DCOracle2 importing problems

Glenn Stauffer python at dejazzd.com
Wed Apr 17 20:43:41 EDT 2002

If you are having the same problem I've had, it has something to do with the
linking of the DCOracle2 library, I think.  I didn't figure out what I needed
to do during compile to statically link in the Oracle libraries and instead
use os.environ to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and ORACLE_HOME:

os.environ['ORACLE_HOME'] = '/app/oracle/product/8.1.6'
os.environ['LD_LIBRARY_PATH'] = '/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/lib'

Not sure if I tested this, but you may only need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I only had this problem on a Compaq Tru64 server (not on Linux or Sun).
Eventually I decided to use cx_oracle instead of DCOracle2 for most of my
programs.

Glenn Stauffer