[Newbie] embed c++ in Python

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Tue Apr 2 14:54:13 EST 2002

In article
<3ca8901c$0$27282$6e365a64 at newsreader02.highway.telekom.at>,
mstern at aon.at says...
> Hi!
>
> I'm new to Python and I'm looking for a good tutorial how to embed a C/C++
> function into Python. I found some tutorials but no one describes what I
> need:
>
> I want to know how to write a function which receives some variables as
> argument changes them and sends the results back to Python.
[....]
> Is there a tutorial? Has someone got a simple example for this?

Look in the standard documentation for the section "Extending and
Embedding" ...

(As a minor point, what you want to do is typically called
"extending" -- the term "embedding" is used to refer to running a
Python interpreter as part of a larger C/C++ application.)

--

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer