Sending mail to an SMTP server that requires POP authentication ?

Alexander Skwar lists.ASkwar at DigitalProjects.com
Fri Apr 26 14:05:19 EDT 2002

»Cliff Wells« sagte am 2002-04-26 um 10:43:54 -0700 :
> Hm.  I think you'll have to log in with POP first, and then for some predefined
> period of time you'll be granted SMTP access.

It depends.  What you describe is often called SMTP-after-POP or
POP-before-SMTP.  However, he asked for SMTP authentication (smtp auth)
as described in RFC 2554.  Those two don't have much in common.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.iso-top.de      |    Jabber: askwar at a-message.de
   iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 2 days 13 hours 3 minutes