sharp sl5000

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Fri Apr 5 06:21:16 EST 2002

Fred Pacquier wrote:
> the water. But just yesterday I read a review of the just-released (in the
> US) Zaurus, and the last line mentions that Sharp is "thinking about
> introducing the new Zaurus line in Europe"... next year. So if you want

Funny -- the developer edition WAS already for sale in UK & Ireland... which
are part of Europe, of course.

> one soon you'll probably have to take your chances and order one overseas,

I was hoping to order one in UK or Ireland (no customs within the EU...).

> and make do with the Qwerty keyboard (probably less of a problem for you
> than for us French though :-)

I go out of my way to get US-standard keyboards wherever I possibly
can (and use 'US-international' to enter national characters when the OS
supports that -- Windows and Linux do).  I never grew used to Italian
layouts (nor French ones, Swedish ones, etc)...

Alex