Booleans, integer division, backwards compatibility; where is Python going?

James Logajan JamesL at Lugoj.com
Fri Apr 5 23:17:09 EST 2002

<brueckd at tbye.com> wrote:
> On 5 Apr 2002, James Logajan wrote:
>> The answer to this isn't as interesting to me as _when_ will this
>> tinkering end? Something that isn't up for debate: because of the
>> problems I have actually encountered with making code work with the
>> many extant versions of Python, I will no longer be doing any new
>> projects in the language and am not recommending Python to anyone.
>
> So, what language did you move on to?

Since at the moment I don't have any projects in the pipeline needing a
scripting language, I haven't decided yet. The only thing I have lined up
right now is a project requring a PIC microprocessor (or equivalent) and it
will require either assembler or cross compiled C. I've another 6 months at
least to worry about scripting languages.