Booleans, integer division, backwards compatibility; where is Python going?

James Logajan JamesL at Lugoj.com
Fri Apr 5 23:26:16 EST 2002

Max M <maxm at mxm.dk> wrote:
> brueckd at tbye.com wrote:
>
>>>because of the problems I have
>>>actually encountered with making code work with the many extant
>>>versions of Python, I will no longer be doing any new projects in the
>>>language and am not recommending Python to anyone.
>
>> So, what language did you move on to?
>
> 386 assembler probably. It's a little less portable, but the specs
> haven't changed in over a decade.

I'm at a loss to understand all the snide remarks. Some I understand, some
I don't. I've been using Python for at least 4 years and think it is a nice
scripting language. It is very useful and allows quick development, but it
is not indispensable. Besides, you weren't entirely wrong: I need something
that runs very fast in a small amount of ram and assembler or cross-
compiled C is what I'll probably be using. But it isn't an x86. And PC
support code will be C++ most likely. Ask me again in 6 months or so and
I'll let you know what I've decided on (okay, it wont be Perl for sure).