ACCEPTED: PEP 285

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Mon Apr 8 19:18:29 EDT 2002

[...]
> of solutions. I'll reevaluate scripting languages at some point in the
> future with more of an eye this time around on what might be called
> "infrastructure" issues as well as the languages.

James, I'm curious. Any of your python programs stopped working
recently!? Why!?

I ask that because I'm the maintainer of thousands of lines of python
code, and I'm also responsible for keeping Python up-to-date in a widely
used distribution. It means I have to update Python often, and also check
and fix anything that breaks.  I really can't find those problems you're
so worried about.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]