Python for .NET vs. Jython ... Python.Net thoughts?

Dean Goodmanson ponderor at lycos.com
Sat Apr 20 17:35:12 EDT 2002

Paul,

Forgive me if this isn't too off topic, but it's scratched a dormant
curiousity:

Disclaimer: It's been months since I've read the ActiveState white
paper on Python and .NET, but I'm consistently grimacing when a .Net
developer says something like "There's even a .NET compiler for
Python."

What's the most practical way to get Python into the a .NET
development environment?

- CLR Python compiler : True "Python.net"

- C# implementation , simpilar to Jython : "Shython" ??

- Others???

Are any of these in development?

Projects such as bCodeParser
(http://www.software4net.com/products/bcodeparser.html ) tease at
thinking a Jython -> CLR is even possible...   There's another one
that does .NET -> Java and I can't find the link. :(

Finalley, forgive me if I mis-used CLR where I should have used IDL.

Best Regards, and wishing I had more time with Jython to know if I
should even wish for a Shython.

Surrounded by C++ & C#,

Dean