A faster Python?

Nick Arnett narnett at mccmedia.com
Tue Apr 2 21:24:06 EST 2002

Sorry, I should have made it clear that I haven't made direct comparisons.
I'm still working on data structures and such; I haven't yet seen where the
bottlenecks might be.  In other words, my comments were entirely
theoretical -- I was assuming that there are things that Excel, SPSS and
other commercial tools can do that will be significantly faster.  My
assumption is that I'll see this in in some highly iterative operations.

I was suggesting that if anyone is working on speeding up Python, those are
the areas where I never have enough speed.

And I'm quite encouraged by the experience you've shared.

Nick