Does Python need a '>>>' operator?

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Tue Apr 16 01:14:47 EDT 2002

In article <a9g8ok$9a3$1 at panix1.panix.com>, aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz)
wrote:

> In article <mailman.1018925938.16233.python-list at python.org>,
> Tim Peters  <tim.one at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >a co-finite set
>
> What's a "co-finite set"?  (Yeah, I could Google for it, but I usually
> understand *your* explanations -- eventually. ;-)

The complement of a finite set.

In this case, the set of nonzero bit positions of a positive long is a
finite set of natural numbers, as is the set of zero bit positions of a
negative long.  So the set of nonzero positions of a negative long and
the set of zero positions of a positive long are cofinite.

--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/