ANN: Logging Module v0.4.2 released

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 14:04:12 EDT 2002

Denis> I've tried to use logging in a module used by CGI script and ...
Denis> it now dies with misterious message: unexpected end of header.
Denis> The reason is the message 'No handlers could be found for logger
Denis> "qq"' that goes to stdout.  I guess logging should not lo
Denis> messages by default and certanly it must not send warnings to
Denis> stdout.

Yes, this is the one-off message I mentioned earlier. It's only printed
once. It's a bug that it's sent to sys.stdout, it should be sys.stderr. Will
be fixed in 0.4.3.

This message is only there because otherwise there's no other way of
indicating that there's a problem with the logging configuration. No other
messages are printed, even if exceptions occur during logging.

Regards

Vinay