Python-2.2.1, Solaris7, make test fails...

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Apr 17 14:46:20 EDT 2002

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng <hgs at dmu.ac.uk> writes:

> > You did not build statically. Instead, all extension modules are build
> > by setup.py now.
>
> I left *shared* commented out.  So that was not enough, and neither was
> *static* apparently.

To build all modules statically, you need to to add *static* (or just
not add *shared*), and remove the comments for all modules that you
want to build statically.

> gcc   -o python \
> 		Modules/python.o \
> 		libpython2.2.a -lsocket -lnsl -ldl  -lpthread -lthread   -lm

Now we are getting somewhere. This line is wrong; it ought to have the
option -Wl,-export-dynamic *if* you are using GNU ld. Can you tell
whether you are using GNU ld?

Regards,
Martin