Python Webpages

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Sun Apr 28 22:31:05 EDT 2002

In article <aai5oo$99l$1 at maud.ifi.uio.no>, Johan Fredrik Øhman wrote:
> Just realized that these Servlet based development models really limits the
> usage of software like Dreamweaver.  Since all code is in the program these
> utilities are almost worthless.  Is there a good way to combine Webware with
> templates.  I think of templates as pages where certain %words% are
> substituted etc...

This is exactly why I created jonpy (http://jonpy.sourceforge.net/).
It puts *no* Python code inside your HTML templates, you simply mark
sections using comments (e.g. <!--wt:newsitem-->) and replacements
using dollar signs (e.g. $$title$$). The idea is that even if you are
suddenly given an entirely new design with new HTML files with none of
the modifications you made to make the pages work, it will only take a
few minutes to fix them up again.