Modify Word Doc with Python

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Apr 6 10:08:50 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1018081037.4211.python-list at python.org>, David McInnis wrote:
> I need to alter the document properties of Word DOCS that our users
> upload to our Web site.

os.unlink(filename)

> Does anyone know how to do this?

On windows, you can use COM interface to MS-Office/Word. Under
Unix, you're pretty much screwed.  You could ask your users to
upload something less evil:  SGML, HTML, RTF, ???.

> (I am python installed on a Linux box).

AI has come a long way!  Is this some sort of Turing test thread?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  HELLO KITTY gang
                                  at               terrorizes town, family