ACCEPTED: PEP 285

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 7 19:38:00 EDT 2002

Erik -

>And many people responded that it was a good idea.

But the whole thing risks coming off as a loyalty
test of some sort.

Does it bother you that Paul Rubin is being
"classified" by someone as close in to the
inner circle as Aahz.

Do you understand what set that off beyond
Paul expressing what he felt is right for Python,
after having been *asked* to do so.

Has Paul (with whom, to repeat, I only had
one exchange with - nasty as hell) somehow
exhibited less devotion to the "cause"?

I am in some sense a true dissident.

There is a something here I find unpleasant
and I have chosen to be vocal about it.

Stuff coming at *me* I sort of understand.

Paul was *asked* to express an opinion
and did so.

I truly do try to hold open the possibility I
am missing something. And say so. Because
sometimes I most certainly am, and I need the
escape hatch.  Survival instinct.

But the fact that Aahz has Paul on the
hotseat seems at the moment as more of the
same kind of stuff that has be off the bus.

Can Aahz explain where Paul sinned, other
than questioning 'policy' - after in effect his
(and others) opinions were actively sort?

Does he just have the wrong opinion.

Technically wrong?  Wrongly intentioned.
An IQ issue?

What the hell was that?

Can someone explain it for Aahz?

Art