minidom and åäö once again :-P

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Apr 17 15:38:50 EDT 2002

Magnus Heino <magnus.heino at sigma.pleon.se> writes:

> Well, I got confused by this;
>
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw.py?req=show&file=faq04.102.htp
>
> But I have removed that now.

Yes, that's a confusing FAQ item - it suggests as a solution what
really is just a work-around.

> Maybe someone with commit access could add some short example like this one
> to the python documentation for minidom?

Feel free to add a patch to SF; somebody with commit access will then
happily integrate it :-)

Actually, I think .toxml should optionally accept the requested output
encoding, and default to 'utf-8'. If you can come up with a patch for
that as well, that would be even better. Extra points if you still
manage to make it return Unicode objects upon request, to allow
porting of applications that currently expect Unicode objects in
return.

Regards,
Martin