Help: Python for a big commercial project?

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Apr 10 16:33:05 EDT 2002

In article <3b091a1c.0204100926.4ba2f13b at posting.google.com>,
cmkl <cmkleffner at gmx.de> wrote:
>I sucessfully use Python2.2 on HPUX 11 as well as I used Python2.1 on HPUX 10.2
>with InformixDB v1.3 and other useful extensions for development of medium sized
>inhouse test tools and database service tools.
>I agree: IT IS PAINFUL learn to build Python on HPUX but nevertheless it is
>worth doing. DONT'T use the prebuilt buggy python versions of the
>HPUX porting Center !! Build python yourself, it is then much easier to get
>working C-extensions like database modules, numeric python ...
>
>threads is an issue on HPUX platforms. With HPUX11 I was sucessful to build
>thread enabled python (tests sucessful) but I was not able to build a working
>multithreaded database application with a multithreaded enabled Informixdb
>module. But it may be possible. It is a matter of time for trying and testing
>different settings at compile time.
			.
			.
			.
... independently of Python.  People working with Java,
Perl, ksh, ... regularly stumble into problems with
HP-UX.  From what I can tell, Python's no worse than
other languages in its support of all of HP-UX's
idiosyncrasies, and better than some.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net