Building Python 2.1.x on Solaris

Martin v. Löwis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 15 07:26:44 EDT 2002

oliver.erlewein at sqs.de (Oliver Erlewein) writes:

> I've also experienced similar behaviour on Linux. The thing is, that
> as soon as I use precompiled stuff (RPM's) all works fine and
> threading is no problem.

I don't think you can change the behaviour of Python through the way
in which you build it. So if you are seeing different behaviour, most
likely, you've been using different source code.

If you have a specific RPM that behaves differently, locate the source
RPM and analyse the build options, and any potential patches that
might be applied before building it.

Regards,
Martin