Java to Python translation

Martin v. Löwis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 3 04:13:45 EST 2002

vio <vmilitaru at sympatico.ca> writes:

> I need to translate a (rather voluminous 100MB) java program to
> python. After a few searches on google, apparently the best tools
> for this task are Lex-Yacc (Flex-Bison on linux). While I am working
> on the Lex-YACC HOWTO, I would be very interested in hearing of
> others' successful experiences/feedback at this. Any pointers of
> interest would similarily be appreciated.

Not that I can offer any inside - but I think many people would be
interested to hear your results; whether the project fails or
succeeds. I'm also sure some people might be interested in the
converter itself. Please do consider publishing it, atleast if you
have to give up, so that other might be able to continue.

Regards,
Martin