Off topic C question

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 8 23:59:34 EDT 2002

In article <4a7fde99.0204081858.58baabdd at posting.google.com>,
Ryan <ryanmorillo at hotmail.com> wrote:

>    I have been doodling with python (nasty habit I know but I have to
>do somthing with my snake) and think I may be ready to learn a second
>language.  I am leaning towards C over C++ and Java even though I
>loose objects it will ground me firmly in functional programing.  I am
>wondering what book would be the best for a begginer?  The two I have
>seen that look interesting are
>C for Dummies (parts one and two) or
>The C Programming Language
>by Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie.

If you want to be a C programmer, you *MUST* get K&R.  Period.  Feel
free to buy another book if K&R turns out to be too heavy for you right
now, but recognize that you'll need it eventually.

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker