Continuation after 100 header in httplib

Bob Kline bkline at rksystems.com
Tue Apr 30 20:29:05 EDT 2002

I'm looking through the docs for the httplib module, and I can't find any
way to get the next set of headers and the message body when the server
sends back a status code of 100 ("Continue").  It's not appropriate for the
client to invoke Request() again, since it has already sent the request in
the first POST.  Trying getresponse() again (the most intuitively logical
next step) gets back a ResponseNotReady exception.  What am I missing?
Looking at the code for the module it seems as if this condition was
overlooked, but that seems too implausible.