Call for kjBuckets.c [was Re: relational database?]

Bob Hyatt rhhyatt at charter.net
Tue Apr 30 20:46:10 EDT 2002

Richard,

I have, temporarily, stopped any work on Linux.  The thing I want to do has
to be done on Windows XP, therefor I am looking for a 'single' solution. In
this case, Python 'thru and thru'.

'Speed' would be nice, but I will start with 'accuracy' first. And I think
it is neat that a real database is done in a high level language. It proves
the power of Python, as far as I am concerned.

e.g., when you have little time to develop something, you get it working,
then optimize as necessary.

Thanks for your response to my query.

Regards, Bob Hyatt

"Richard Jones" <rjones at ekit-inc.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:15, Steve Holden wrote:
> > "Oleg Broytmann" <phd at phd.pp.ru> wrote in message
> > news:mailman.1020024596.32196.python-list at python.org...

> > >    I am keeping (temporary) a copy of kjbuckets at
> > > http://phd.pp.ru/Software/Python/misc/ and mirrors:
> > > http://phd.by.ru/Software/Python/misc/
> > > http://phd2.chat.ru/Software/Python/misc/
> > >    I am looking for a permanent maintainer.
> > >
> > >    Gadfly now lives in the Zope sources at www.zope.org.
> >
> > Oleg, hi! I also remember seeing somewhere patches that moved gadfly to
re
> > usage? gadfly.sf.net is a placeholder, it seems to me.
>
> I'm working on repackaging gadfly right now and will place the  results up
on
> gadfly.sf.net. I've started with the Zope version, so the re conversion is
> done. I've also integrated Oleg's kjbuckets efforts. I'm almost there...
just