Discussion of Python midi library

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue Apr 9 06:08:12 EDT 2002

Ken Seehof wrote:

> I have written a midi module that wraps part of the low-level Windows
> API.  I'm planning to release it to open source after we ship our
> commercial product that uses it.
>
> It doesn't actually do any of the items you requested though, since
> I wrapped the midi input and output devices, but not midi streams or
> files.

I think that it might be very usefull for::

 >>     4) Play midifiles (especially on Windows)

Because what I meant here was not that it should play midifiles, but
that it should play music in "real time" as generated from the midi library.

> I believe that you will find midi file processing in the Vaults:
>
> http://www.vex.net/parnassus/

None of them did what I need, they where not very well written, or
written in c/c++, and poorly documented. So I am starting from scracth. :-)

regards Max M