Compiling a subset of Python

sebastien s.keim at laposte.net
Tue Sep 11 08:09:44 EDT 2001

> Compiling a dynamically typed language like Python is a lot harder than
> compiling a statically typed language. While there has been language
> research involving type inferencing and the like, the results of this
> research aren't readily applicable to Python (i.e takes time and manpower).

I think that the idea of subset is realy good. In fact we need a low
level language realy easy to interface with python code and that
mimicate the cool stuffs of python syntax.

I don't think that source compatibility between the two languages is
really important (but that could be cool).

This is probably less painfull than build a compiler for Python.